Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I've calmed down

Okay, I've calmed down a bit since Saturday night. But for the record, the Vikings game on Sunday didn't help. Nor did losing in all three of my fantasy football leagues this week. And Deshean Jackson deciding to celebrate early (video below)? Yeah, that little scene all by itself cost me one of my games...



But I digress.

One of the things that I've really respected about Coach Brewster this year is his attitude toward winning. Last year, when the team couldn't buy a win, Brew was very optimistic every week, and kept that attitude all season. Now that the team has won some games, his attitude is still optimistic, but he seems to have taken on more of a realistic view of the team. He doesn't seem to be the blind optimist that he sometimes came off as last year.

"I didn't have my guys as prepared today as they needed to be... We're pleased to be a 3-0 team. Obviously there is some disappointment there. I'm not sure we improved the way I wanted us to improve.''

In addition, Adam Weber has grown up plenty. Despite Brewster taking the blame,even with the win, Weber put the blame for the teams poor performance on the players.

"We'll come out of this game knowing we let ourselves and our fans down today a little bit."

We're 3-0. We, so far, are beating the teams that we are supposed to beat. It hasn't been pretty, but we've figured out a way to win. And, perhaps best of all, the coach and the team are not satisfied.

No matter what happens the rest of the season, this football team is light years ahead of where it was last year.

No comments: