Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Powers on Brewster

(In case you hadn't noticed, the new podcast is available, please check it out. We talk Insight Bowl, bowl predictions, Brewster's potential contract extension, and somehow manage to spend more time than necessary discussing holiday libation choices.)

I don't read the Pioneer Press nearly as much as I check out the Strib... and honestly I'm not sure why that is, because I am generally fairly impressed with how the paper on the east side of the river covers the Gophers.

I'm not sure what Tom Powers' history is with covering the Gophers, and I'm not sure what his tone has been about Coach Brewster. But Powers has a nice piece today about his experience in talking with the head coach before his press conference. It's a good read, so I encourage you to check it out.

The conclusion that Powers comes to about the Insight Bowl for the Gophers I think sums things up nicely:

"Here's your scorecard: A victory would be amazing. Playing well in defeat wouldn't be bad, either. Getting clobbered ... well, there are those 15 extra practices...If the Gophers are half as locked in as Brewster, they should play pretty well."

No comments: