Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gophs back to practice

An interesting tidbit from Kent Youngblood's Gopher blog yesterday. Looks like the stamp of Tim Davis is already being felt:
"There I was, watching the first half-hour of the Gophers’ first practice, and I’m seeing I-formations. I’m seeing fullbacks. I’m seeing offensive linemen put their hand on the ground... Quarterback Adam Weber opined that the Gophers could line up with two backs and the QB under center as much as 40 percent of the time once everybody has the changes down cold. Now, that might not happen by the time Minnesota plays in the Insight Bowl. But you can bet you’ll see some of it against Kansas."
Very interesting stuff. I was curious how quickly some of this change utilizing Davis' style would come about. It will be very interesting to see how much of this is used against Kansas. While the offense doesn't need anything to make things more confusing, the chance to get out and smack somebody in the mouth might be a nice change of pace for the o-linemen.

No comments: