Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Crickets...

As BNAHUSKER so eloquently pointed out in response to my last post: "...there is no "Off Season" in Husker Nation."

I started this blog because I love and care about Gopher Football, and I believe that things in Gopher Nation are on the up-&-up. Part of what I tell people when they ask me about the blog is that one of the reasons I do this is that, similar to playing fantasy football, it gives me an excuse to follow Gopher Football more closely than some people might think seems reasonable. One of my goals when I started this blog was to keep things fresh even during the off-season.

But I'm not going to lie to you, it's hard. If you haven't noticed, this isn't Texas or Nebraska, and there just isn't that much chatter on Gopher Football between January-April. I try to find it where I can, and comment on it, but with everything else that goes on in life, it just isn't always that easy. I mean, all you can hear is crickets right now. Even over at GopherHole, the biggest thing people are talking about is the stadium and Eric Decker playing baseball. It's a fact... things are slow.

Still, I do my best.

Here are some quick hitters on things that have come up recently...

*Did anyone notice that Moses Alipate (2009 recruiting commitment) dropped out of the Top 100 recruits list on Rivals? He was ranked #57 as of February 12th when he committed to the Gophers, and suddenly he has dropped considerably. In fact, he's not even listed in Rivals Top 250... what the...?

*There are just 31 days until the Gopher Spring Football Game at the Metrodome on Friday, April 25th. You should be there.

*From Shooter's column this morning, here's your warm-fuzzy for the day: "Nobody was happier than Tim Brewster when the Gophers' football coach read that incoming quarterback MarQueis Gray, when asked his immediate goals at Minnesota, responded "to be a great teammate." Said Brewster, "How good is that? He's an amazing kid.""

*By now we've all heard about recruit Kevin Whaley getting shot in the leg in Virginia Beach. I haven't seen any updates on his condition in the last couple of days, but we of course wish him a speedy recovery.

No comments: