Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New Uniforms

The new uniform design (at the top of the blog) has been talked about for months and is finally available to view. During the tours at the Signing Day 'Sota Social, Director of Equipment Darin Kerns said that new recruits were unbelievably excited about the new uniforms, and that, quite literally, this played a part in recruiting.

I believe that it's true that jersey's play a roll in recruiting, but I just don't get it. It's a jersey, who cares. But that's just me. I digress. Now that the new design is out, opinions abound. Some people love it, some people hate it.

I didn't have a strong opinion about the old jersey's and I don't have a strong opinion about these. If they help recruiting, then I'm all for them. But what I really care about is how the young men wearing those jerseys play when they are wearing them on the field.

So what do you think? Love them, hate them? Don't care?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate 'em. I don't like the new era of jerseys at all. In my opinion, the less the better. I don't like these extra curvy lines and strange design they create close to the knees. I used to think the Gophers had some of the sharpest uniforms in the nation but now they are just another victim of this new era garbage. I hope that the Gophers (and Vikings) will some day go back to more simple, traditional jerseys. I guess the only positive is that they didn't add any colors and/or black trim.

Neil said...

Say, who designed these new uniforms? Tough to tell...

Anonymous said...

Huh... I don't remember what the old jerseys looked like. Which one are these again?

Anonymous said...

if you have to have new fangled unis...these will do.

The best uniforms the team had were from end fo 2003 to the end of the Mason era. Straight ahead no frills with black shoes.

the white shoes suck