Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Quite a night...

If you've been reading this blog at all, you know that I've found plenty of reasons to be excited about Gopher football over the last several months. Clearly recruiting has been a hot topic.

Last night I attended the Signing Day 'Sota Social at the Gibson/Nagurski Football Complex and if I wasn't excited before (which I was) there was plenty more last night to get excited about.

It's difficult for me to explain how exciting last night was, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I haven't been a hard-core Gopher Football fan half as long as a lot of the people that were at the 'Sota Social last night.

As I've mentioned here before my aunt and uncle and their crew have had season tickets for the Gophers since the Metrodome opened, and I can't even imagine how exciting it feels for them right now. To finally have a coach who actually believes that you can win at Minnesota, that you can recruit at Minnesota, that you can have an outstanding college game-day experience at Minnesota after all of this time must be really exciting. To have the kind of recruiting class that people are talking about locally is a huge accomplishment, but to have a class that is being talked about nationally is unbelievable.

It was a great night last night. To see highlights of each of the new recruits, to see the virtual tour of TCF Bank Stadium, to be able to tour the facilities and talk to the players, it was all a lot of fun. Hopefully it's a great sign of what's to come in the future.

No comments: