Friday, March 26, 2010

29 days later...

Hey there Gopher football fans, just 29 days until the Gophers take the field against... the Gophers, in the annual spring practice game.

If you haven't been to a spring game (and judging by the attendance I've seen at the last few spring games, you haven't), you really should check it out.  It's a great way to end the 4 weeks of spring practice blog posts and articles that Kent Youngblood and Marcus Fuller write about... oh, wait.  What?  It's been two days since they wrote anything about the Gophers?  HAS to be an oversight, doesn't it?

Okay, so, where was I?  Oh yeah, spring game.  A great way to get out and see your Gophers after their 4 weeks of practices.

It's also a great way to get your football fix in the spring... only to be let down by the 3 subsequent months of no football.

I'm not doing a good job of selling this am I?  Good thing I don't do sales for a living or anything...

So anyway, that's coming up.  In the meantime, the Gophers are really practicing football over at the U of M.  There's competition all over the field and of course the "QB battle" is the main attraction.  I put "QB battle" in quotes because I'm still of the opinion that there isn't really a competition.  Despite what Tim Brewster says I believe that it's a foregone conclusion that Adam Weber is the Gophers starter once they break spring camp.

So, just 29 days until it becomes official that Adam Weber is your 2010 Gopher Football Quarterback.

Are you sensing any sarcasm?  In the words of Richard Hayden "Well, I should hope so, because I'm laying it on pretty thick."

No comments: